About Me

My photo
Downtown Los Angeles, Ca, United States
hey, im lucy. im 28, born and raised in beautiful los angeles. full time apparel accountant, part time hairstylist, random blogger...

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

new apartment, help!

so we recently moved to a new place. we decide on this apartment because of the price, (super cheap) neighborhood, parking, and size. this place is super huge compared to our dtla apartment. but unfortunately it is super basic, and by basic i mean basic. the only rooms that have off white paint is the kitchen and restroom. the bedroom and living room seem to only have been painted with a primer coat cuz it is crazy white in my opinion. and yes i have been cursed with 1960's wood panels!!!


i bought a cute mirror from ikea. tried it out and fail. it was bringing so much more attention to the wall that i wanted to barf!!! yuck!!!

so i started looking into removable wall paper. every site i looked at was pricy. i started to believe i was stuck with this wall, until one morning. My friend Carolyn mentioned she'd seen some on fab.com, so right away i looked it up and BAM!!! $18/ pc. the cheapest I've seen so far. so i placed an order only for 1, just to test drive it and see if it will work out. i settled on the yellow chevron.


ive been thinking on turquoise walls... here are my inspirations... prob never end up looking close to this...






do you have any tips for me? help! help! help!

3 comments:

  1. I think the turquoise and yellow will look great! Just make sure to have plenty of lighting. I hate dimly lit rooms.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i know what you mean. figured i had to go with a bright color since out furniture is so dark...

      Delete
  2. I have never used removable wallpaper, please let me know how it works out for you. I would just do lots of image searches on google and pinterest. You will find inspiration. I love yellow and turquoise together. You can also try fabric on walls. I've never done it before, but you use liquid starch. I wish I lived out there in California!

    ReplyDelete

say what???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...