About Me

My photo
Downtown Los Angeles, Ca, United States
hey, im lucy. im 28, born and raised in beautiful los angeles. full time apparel accountant, part time hairstylist, random blogger...

Saturday, May 26, 2012

the handsome, the funny, the fashionable, Adrian Young

it was circa 1997. i was obsessed with music. i would buy every single cd, go to every single concert, and buy every single magazine. but it wasnt until one day, when a spin magazine changed the rest of my life...

now, i wasnt the biggest no doubt fan, but i remember seeing "nada surf" on the cover and thinking ohh cool ill buy it. little did i know what i would find inside. 

since the boys were excluded from the cover (remember the dont speak video? true story) they had a picture of the boys on the table of contents... and it was love at first sight... the more i learned about him the deeper the obsession became. my walls were covered with his face, and funny thing i still have many of them stored away, including this spin cover. next thing you know it was everything no doubt for me. yes, i remember the gwen-a-bee era, i was there! i would watch all the mtv and vhl interviews and see his wacky personality and thats where i made up my mind... one day i will marry a guy exactly like him. hahahaha. i love his personality.  he always wants to have fun, and doesnt mind being the butt of any joke, literally.


many might not know but a few years ago, he was the president of schwing golf magazine. yes and i bought every issue until my local sav-on didnt carry it any more... what can i say, i wanted to support!

dont even get me started on his fashion sense... love, love, love. theres nothing better than a man in golf pants!!! ugh and the hair!!!!
this out fit is perfect

the boy cleans up well

his tribute to the amazing robert smith


lakers, lakers, lakers!!!
and this is when i begin to drool

the lucky lady who won his heart
funny story about nina young... one day my friend and i found ourselves shopping in cerritos mall. this was in the "rock steady era." we went in this shoe store and saw this lady talking to the sales clerk. next thing you know i noticed the rock steady hand bag in her hand. (this wasnt even on sale yet!) i thought to my self, who the hell is this... and as i looked to the side to try to get a glimpse of her face, i noticed a stroller... and my heart sunk... it was new born baby mason... this should have been my kid. hahahahahaha! i freaked out and told my friend, and she didnt believe me... i ran back when i realized adrian might be with her. i just stood there staring, so pathetic... and sans adrian.

here are two videos i thought you might enjoy...
:::love:::

one of my fav

i had a few opportunities to meet him... but i chickened out. once, he was 5 feet away from me and i froze. im kindda glad i didnt... i wanna keep him on a pedestal...

and if i may add, i knew mark was the one when i first saw him in his golf pants... who knew!!!

2 comments:

  1. I used to loooooove No Doubt! Well, I still love No Doubt. I mean I used to be somewhat obsessed with No Doubt. Gwen was my fashion icon for at least a decade and in the early 2000's I ran a pretty successful No Doubt fansite and also a webring (remember webrings? jeez, the internet has changed). I've only seen them in concert once but I'm hoping since they have an album coming out soon, they'll tour again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh man webrings!!!!! i forgot all about them! yes best live!! seen em over 30 times!

    ReplyDelete

say what???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...